When arriving at 287 Watkins Rd Wangi, you will be able to park around the back via ( Kent street). We will introduce ourselves, provide you with any information you need and brief you with a short DVD to show you how to use the boats. We want you to feel comfortable and happy and take as long to ask any questions. After this we will walk you down to the RSL Jetty (150 meters) in which we provide carts to carry your bags. The boat will be waiting for you at the Jetty. We will drive the houseboat off the Jetty for you (as we ask that you don’t attempt to bring the boat up to any jetty’s) and give you a demonstration and test run in which we will run through the simple instructions to drive and use the houseboat. Once you are completely happy and feeling comfortable, we will leave you via our dingy to decide which area you would like to explore and set sail on your houseboat to explore magical Lake Macquarie. Each morning we will send a text message or phone call to provide you with weather reports and recommendations for the best places to visit and moorings to choose for the night. We are more than happy for you to call us at any time with questions.
We do not charge a motoring fee per hour instead charge fuel usage for the amount you use. The fuel usage will be calculated on return to the Mooring and will be debited from your security deposit. Any damage or need for extensive cleaning will also be debited from your Security Deposit. A dinghy is complimentary with oars only. You can bring an outboard Motor up to 5hp, or for an additional charge you can hire a 3.5hp.
It is prohibited to drive after sunset, all houseboats must be anchored/moored prior to sunset and engines must not start till sunrise. This will be monitored on a GPS tracking system.
A deposit of $500.00 is required to confirm bookings, the balance of the total hire charge must be paid 2 weeks prior to departure.
Full payment of your rental is required 2 weeks prior to your departure. Cash, Visa and Mastercard payments are accepted. Direct deposits/transfers are also accepted and receipts to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. No cheques please.
Wangi and Beyond Houseboat’s require a security bond of $1500.00 for the duration of your holiday. You may choose this to be done with a credit card authorization or you can pay a cash bond. If you choose to do a cash bond, this will be deposited into our bank account and will be returned approximately within 7 days. No Cash will be returned. The security deposit will be refunded minus the fuel charges and any excessive cleaning charges if this occurs.
Cancellations are allowed with more than 30 days’ notice. The deposit, less a $100 administration fee, will be returned or Deposits are transferable to alternate dates within a 12-month period if dates are available. Deposit refunds for cancellations within 30 days of the hire commencement date will only be refunded once the vessel has been rebooked for the same dates, if the dates are less than your booking a $200 booking fee will be charged from the deposit. Full payment must be made 2 weeks prior to check-in. Cancellation within 2 weeks will result in full loss of payment unless the vessel is rebooked for that period.
Electrical Appliances such as (Hair dryers, straiteners), Pets, Generators, Portable BBQS, Candles, Fireworks, coffee machines are strictly prohibited due to safety regulations.
The boats are fitted with GPS tracking systems to allow us to ensure you are safe at all times, we will always be available 24/7 if you need assistance or have any questions. Nothing is too hard or silly, please don’t hesitate to ask. We will call you via mobile or Radio if we have concerns regarding your location or if we are concerned about weather or if you are coming close to boundary perimeters. We will advise you on the best routes and decisions to anchor or find a mooring if we believe it is safe due to weather concerns. All bookings will be void if failure to comply with rules and regulations and by not following our recommendations. The Maritime police will be notified if any concerns.
- Swansea Channel and the Sand island are strictly prohibited as they are outside our boundaries and are extremely shallow, failure to comply may result in loss of security bond.
- It is strictly prohibited to pull up to any jetty’s or foreshore, this is why we provide a complimentary dingy to allow access to jetty’s or land.
- We recommend not anchoring within 30 meters to any shoreline
You must arrive at Wangi and Beyond (287 Watkins Rd Wangi Wangi ) at least 3.5 hours before the official sunset time (please ensure you are familiar with these times or call us to discuss). This is due to the available daylight needed to pack your houseboat, receive the briefing and reach the first available anchorage before sunset. If you arrive later than this time or you take too long to depart, you will stay on your houseboat at the provided mooring and leave the next morning as it is unsafe navigating in the dark and we have a strict no cruising policy after sunset.
- Get FREE secure PARKING for your car close to Wangi RSL Jetty
- Gas usage of up to 2 x 9kg gas bottles and one extra BBQ gas bottle
- Only pay for the fuel you use
- Large Sundeck with Outdoor Furniture and Bimini
- Hooded stainless-steel marine BBQ's
- DVD Player/sound system and WIFI (Chromecast)
- Built in Eskies On Front and Rear Deck
- Fully Equipped Galley with Oven, Grill and electric fridge/freezer (210L)
- Twin 25HP 4 Stroke Outboard Motors
- Back to Base GPS Tracking
- Equipped with Inverter Suitable for Recharging Mobile Phones, Laptops and Cameras. (Not Suitable for Hair Drying Equipment, Cooking Appliances, 12v fridges Or Coffee Machines.)
- Electric Anchoring System
- CPAP machines are able to be used on the boats
* Important note regarding linen - Due to the ongoing concerns regarding Covid 19 we are asking for all guests to bring their own top sheet and sleeping bag and beach towels, we will provide mattress protectors and the fitted sheet as well as bath towels. If you forget anything please don’t hesitate to ask as we can hire out linen packages if need be.
Package is $20 per double bed and $10 single- which includes top sheet and Doona
Explore Wangi & Beyond on your very own houseboat. Talk to us today to learn more. Situated on Lake Macquarie you can take your time and visit the best locations on offer.
here’s what you’ll enjoy
All our houseboats come with…